Light Up the Stage
Spectacle (You may cast this spell for its spectacle cost rather than its mana cost if an opponent lost life this turn.)Exile the top two cards of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards.
- 1/25/2019 Light Up the Stage doesn’t change when you can play the exiled cards. For example, if you exile a sorcery card, you can cast it only during your main phase when the stack is empty. If you exile a land card, you can play it only during your main phase and only if you have an available land play remaining.
- 1/25/2019 Casting an exiled card causes it to leave exile. You can’t cast it multiple times.
- 1/25/2019 If you don’t play a card exiled this way, it remains in exile.
- 1/25/2019 Damage dealt to a player causes that player to lose that much life.
- 1/25/2019 Spectacle doesn’t change when you can cast the card. For example, you can’t cast a sorcery with spectacle during an opponent’s turn unless another effect allows you to do so, even if that player has lost life this turn.
- 1/25/2019 To determine the total cost of a spell, start with the mana cost or alternative cost you’re paying (such as a spectacle cost), add any cost increases, then apply any cost reductions. The converted mana cost of the spell remains unchanged, no matter what the total cost to cast it was.
- 1/25/2019 A card’s spectacle cost is the same no matter how much life your opponents lost or how many opponents lost life.
- 1/25/2019 In a multiplayer game, if an opponent loses life and later that turn leaves the game, you can cast a spell for its spectacle cost. (If a player leaves the game during their turn, that turn continues without an active player.)
- standard: Not legal
- future: Not legal
- frontier: Legal
- modern: Legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Not legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Not legal
- commander: Legal
- 1v1: Legal
- duel: Legal
- brawl: Not legal
- oldschool: Not legal
- historic: Legal
- pioneer: Legal
- gladiator: Legal
- premodern: Not legal
- historicbrawl: Legal
- paupercommander: Not legal
- alchemy: Not legal
- explorer: Legal
- predh: Not legal
- oathbreaker: Legal
- Ravnica Allegiance #107 (uncommon)
- Ravnica Allegiance Promos #107 (uncommon)
- The List #144 (uncommon)
- Forgotten Realms Commander #131 (uncommon)
- Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate #802 (uncommon)
- Light Up the Stage