Sleight of Mind
Change the text of target spell or permanent by replacing all instances of one color word with another. (For example, you may change "target black spell" to "target blue spell." This effect lasts indefinitely.)
- 10/4/2004 You can’t Sleight proper nouns (i.e. card names). This means that you can’t affect a “Black Vise”.
- 10/4/2004 Can target a card with no color words on it.
- 10/4/2004 Can’t change a color word to the same color word. It must be a different word.
- 10/4/2004 Alters all occurrences of the chosen word in the text box and the type line of the given card.
- 10/4/2004 Can target a card with no appropriate words on it, or even one with no words at all.
- 10/4/2004 It can’t change a word to the same word. It must be a different word.
- 10/4/2004 It only changes what is printed on the card (or set on a token when it was created or set by a copy effect). It will not change any effects that are on the permanent.
- 10/4/2004 You choose the words to change on resolution.
- 10/4/2004 Changing the text of a spell will not allow you to change the targets of the spell because the targets were chosen when the spell was cast. The text change will (probably) cause it to be countered since the targets will be illegal.
- 10/4/2004 If you change the text of a spell which is to become a permanent, the permanent will retain the text change until the effect wears off.
- standard: Not legal
- future: Not legal
- frontier: Not legal
- modern: Not legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Not legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Not legal
- commander: Legal
- 1v1: Not legal
- duel: Legal
- brawl: Not legal
- oldschool: Legal
- historic: Not legal
- pioneer: Not legal
- gladiator: Not legal
- premodern: Legal
- historicbrawl: Not legal
- paupercommander: Not legal
- alchemy: Not legal
- explorer: Not legal
- predh: Legal
- oathbreaker: Legal
- Fifth Edition #124 (rare)
- Ice Age #99 (uncommon)
- Fourth Edition #102 (rare)
- Summer Magic / Edgar #81 (rare)
- Revised Edition #81 (rare)
- Intl. Collectors’ Edition #79 (rare)
- Collectors’ Edition #79 (rare)
- Unlimited Edition #79 (rare)
- Limited Edition Beta #79 (rare)
- Limited Edition Alpha #78 (rare)
- Foreign Black Border #81 (rare)
- Fourth Edition Foreign Black Border #102 (rare)
- 30th Anniversary Edition #375 (rare)
- Sleight of Mind