Deputy of Detention
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
When Deputy of Detention enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls and all other nonland permanents that player controls with the same name as that permanent until Deputy of Detention leaves the battlefield.
- 1/25/2019 This ability has only one target. The other permanents with that name aren’t targeted. For example, a permanent with hexproof will be exiled if it has the same name as the target nonland permanent.
- 1/25/2019 If the target nonland permanent is an illegal target by the time this ability tries to resolve, the ability doesn’t resolve. Nothing is exiled.
- 1/25/2019 If Deputy of Detention leaves the battlefield before its triggered ability resolves, nothing is exiled.
- 1/25/2019 Auras attached to the exiled permanents will be put into their owners’ graveyards. Any Equipment will become unattached and remain on the battlefield. Any counters on the exiled permanents will cease to exist.
- 1/25/2019 If a token is exiled this way, it will cease to exist and won’t return to the battlefield.
- 1/25/2019 The name of a creature token is the same as the creature types specified as it was created, unless the token is a copy of another creature or the effect that created the token specifically gives it a different name.
- 1/25/2019 A face-down creature has no name, so it can’t share a name with anything. This includes other creatures with no name.
- standard: Legal
- future: Legal
- frontier: Legal
- modern: Legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Not legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Not legal
- commander: Legal
- duel: Legal
- oldschool: Not legal