Corrupt deals damage to any target equal to the number of Swamps you control. You gain life equal to the damage dealt this way.
- 10/4/2004 The swamps are counted on resolution.
- 8/15/2010 The life you gain is equal to the damage dealt by Corrupt, not necessarily to the number of Swamps you control (if some or all of the damage is prevented, for example).
- 8/15/2010 The amount of damage dealt to a creature is not bounded by its toughness, and the amount of damage dealt to a player is not bounded by that player’s life total. For example, if Corrupt deals 6 damage to a 2/2 creature, you’ll gain 6 life.
- 7/1/2013 Corrupt counts any land you control with the subtype Swamp, not just ones named Swamp.
- standard: Not legal
- future: Not legal
- frontier: Not legal
- modern: Legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Legal
- commander: Legal
- 1v1: Legal
- duel: Legal
- brawl: Not legal
- oldschool: Not legal
- historic: Not legal
- pioneer: Legal
- gladiator: Not legal
- premodern: Legal
- historicbrawl: Not legal
- paupercommander: Legal
- Magic Online Promos #35120 (uncommon)
- Duel Decks Anthology: Garruk vs. Liliana #57 (uncommon)
- Duel Decks Anthology: Divine vs. Demonic #55 (uncommon)
- Magic 2014 #91 (uncommon)
- IDW Comics 2013 #12 (rare)
- Magic 2011 #89 (uncommon)
- Duel Decks: Garruk vs. Liliana #57 (uncommon)
- Duel Decks: Divine vs. Demonic #55 (uncommon)
- Shadowmoor #62 (uncommon)
- Magic Player Rewards 2008 #7 (rare)
- Seventh Edition #124 (common)
- Urza's Saga #124 (common)