Artifact Creature - Dragon
Flying: Steel Hellkite gets +1/+0 until end of turn.: Destroy each nonland permanent with mana value X whose controller was dealt combat damage by Steel Hellkite this turn. Activate only once each turn.
- 1/1/2011 Steel Hellkite’s last ability destroys only nonland permanents whose converted mana cost is exactly equal to X, and only those controlled by players who have been dealt combat damage by Steel Hellkite this turn.
- 1/1/2011 It doesn’t matter who controlled those permanents at the time Steel Hellkite dealt combat damage, or if those permanents were even on the battlefield at that time.
- 1/1/2011 You may activate the last ability even if Steel Hellkite hasn’t dealt combat damage to any players that turn. If you do, the ability won’t do anything.
- 1/1/2011 If Steel Hellkite’s third ability is activated with X equal to 0, it will destroy each nonland permanent with converted mana cost 0 the appropriate players control.
- 1/1/2011 The converted mana cost of a permanent is determined solely by the mana symbols printed in its upper right corner, unless it’s copying something else (see below). The converted mana cost is the total amount of mana in that cost, regardless of color. For example, a card with mana cost <img src="/Handlers/Image.ashx?size=small&name=3&type=symbol" alt="3" align="absbottom" /><img src="/Handlers/Image.ashx?size=small&name=U&type=symbol" alt="Blue" align="absbottom" /><img src="/Handlers/Image.ashx?size=small&name=U&type=symbol" alt="Blue" align="absbottom" /> has converted mana cost 5.
- 1/1/2011 If a permanent is copying something else, its converted mana cost is the converted mana cost of whatever it’s copying.
- 1/1/2011 In all cases, ignore any alternative costs or additional costs (such as kicker) paid when the permanent was cast.
- 1/1/2011 If the mana cost of a permanent includes <img src="/Handlers/Image.ashx?size=small&name=X&type=symbol" alt="Variable Colorless" align="absbottom" />, X is considered to be 0.
- 1/1/2011 If a nonland permanent has no mana symbols in its upper right corner (because it’s a token that’s not copying of something else, for example), its converted mana cost is 0.
- standard: Not legal
- future: Not legal
- frontier: Not legal
- modern: Legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Not legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Legal
- commander: Legal
- 1v1: Legal
- duel: Legal
- brawl: Not legal
- oldschool: Not legal
- historic: Not legal
- pioneer: Not legal
- gladiator: Not legal
- premodern: Not legal
- historicbrawl: Not legal
- paupercommander: Not legal
- alchemy: Not legal
- explorer: Not legal
- Commander 2018 #224 (rare)
- Magic Online Promos #37859 (rare)
- Commander Anthology Volume II #222 (rare)
- Commander 2017 #225 (rare)
- Commander 2014 #273 (rare)
- Scars of Mirrodin #205 (rare)
- Scars of Mirrodin Promos #205 (rare)
- Commander 2021 #266 (rare)
- Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate #874 (rare)