Creature - Hydra
Artist:Jeff A. Menges
Rock Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.For each 1 damage that would be dealt to Rock Hydra, if it has a +1/+1 counter on it, remove a +1/+1 counter from it and prevent that 1 damage.: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to Rock Hydra this turn.: Put a +1/+1 counter on Rock Hydra. Activate only during your upkeep.
- 10/4/2004 If put onto the battlefield without casting it from your hand, X will be zero.
- 10/4/2004 Once on the battlefield, the X is considered to be zero when calculating its mana cost.
- 8/1/2008 You can activate the activated ability that prevents damage any time, even if no source seems likely to deal damage to you in the near future. It will prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt this turn, even if that turns out to be much later in the turn.
- 8/1/2008 If damage that would be dealt to Rock Hydra can’t be prevented, you still remove a +1/+1 counter from it for each 1 damage dealt.
- standard: Not legal
- future: Not legal
- frontier: Not legal
- modern: Not legal
- legacy: Legal
- pauper: Not legal
- vintage: Legal
- penny: Legal
- commander: Legal
- 1v1: Legal
- duel: Legal
- brawl: Not legal
- oldschool: Legal
- historic: Not legal
- pioneer: Not legal
- gladiator: Not legal
- premodern: Not legal
- historicbrawl: Not legal
- paupercommander: Not legal
- alchemy: Not legal
- explorer: Not legal
- predh: Legal
- oathbreaker: Legal
- Masters Edition IV #133 (rare)
- Summer Magic / Edgar #173 (rare)
- Revised Edition #173 (rare)
- Intl. Collectors’ Edition #173 (rare)
- Collectors’ Edition #173 (rare)
- Unlimited Edition #172 (rare)
- Limited Edition Beta #172 (rare)
- Limited Edition Alpha #171 (rare)
- Foreign Black Border #173 (rare)
- 30th Anniversary Edition #167 (rare)